DOWNLOAD OUR 2015 APPLICATION HERE.
Kerrville Festival of the Arts is a juried Fine Art Show and Sale open to artists residing anywhere in the United States. This is a 2-day, outdoor event. There will be a limited number of spaces available in large tents; other spaces will be available adjacent to the large tents but each artist must provide their own tent/canopy. Each artist may reserve no more than three 10 x 10 spaces.
Dates: May 23-24, 2015
Time: 10:00 am–6:00pm
Location: Historic Downtown, 700-800 blks Water Street, Kerrville Texas
Booths: Spaces are 10’ x 10’. Artist move-in May 22, 2015 at 6:00 pm (earlier move-in may be announced when spaces are assigned) Artists move-out May 24 before 10:00 pm
Fees: Spaces in big tents – $250; Bring Your Own Tent spaces – $185 Tents must be weighted to withstand the winds which frequently occur (no stakes).
Application Fee (non-refundable) $25 must be paid at the time of application
Electricity – available and included in the booth fee. Artists should bring a 50′ extension cord.
Early Admission : February 2, 2015; Notice of acceptance before March 1.
Regular Admission: April 20, 2015; Notice of Acceptance before May 1
Applications should be mailed to Kerrville Festival of the Arts, PO Box 290454, Kerrville, Texas 78029. Fees are payable to Kerrville Festival of the Arts.
Exhibitor Rules (Please read all the way to the end.)
Images: A minimum of four (4) images of the media/work to be shown and sold must accompany the application plus a minimum of one (1) booth shot.
Media Categories: Ceramics, Fiber (including leather), Glass, Graphics (drawing, printmaking), Jewelry, Metal, 2D Mixed Media, 3D Mixed Media, Painting, Photography, Sculpture, Wood.
Food artists please contact us to discuss Health Dept requirements.
Rules and Regulations: All exhibited work must be designed and executed by the artist. Artists must submit a set of images for each category in which they wish to exhibit.
Display: Each exhibitor is responsible supplying and erecting his or her own display. Display must fit entirely within the booth space rented, including chairs. Your display must not interfere in any way with that of neighbor’s. All work on display must be for sale. We recommend that you bring a range of items to attract both the casual shopper and the fine art buyer. Artists must oversee their exhibit at all times and must display their work for the duration of the show.
Reproductions: Mechanical reproductions may be sold ONLY if labeled as “reproduction” or “limited edition” on the front of the work. Reproductions may comprise no more than 50% of the display area.
Refunds/Cancellations: Fees are due and payable within 7 days of being notified of acceptance as an exhibitor. After acceptance and payment of fees, you are considered to have made a commitment to exhibit. An accepted artist who fails to exhibit forfeits all fees.
Exhibited Work: Each exhibitor will be screened during the Festival to be certain the images submitted for jurying reflect the work being exhibited. Any discrepancy will result in the artist being required to remove the work or to leave the Festival. In such instance, all fees are forfeited.
Unacceptable work includes but is not limited to: work produced from commercial molds, templates or patterns (e.g. mugs and t-shirts); kits or casting patterns; compositions of plant or animal life (e.g. dried flower arrangements); imports; country crafts; decoupage; and, mass produced items. Work done by a production studio is not acceptable.
Shared Space: Exhibitors may share a booth provided the work is compatible; each exhibitor must be juried individually.
Taxes: Artists retain all revenue from the sale of their work and are responsible for the collection, reporting and payment of all taxes. The sales tax rate for Kerrville is 0.0825%.
Breakdown: Artists may not begin packing up and breaking down their display until the Festival officially closes.
Security: Overnight roving secutiry Friday and Saturday nights will be provided by off-duty Kerr County Sheriff’s Deputies.
All fees are non-refundable and there is no rain date; this is a pet friendly venue.
Now, all the Legal Stuff we have to have:
By submission of an application to participate in Kerrville Festival of the Arts (KFA) you affirm that all work you display and offer for sale at KFA will be designed and executed by you. Further, you agree that you will follow all rules of the Festival as stated on the website or as communicated to you by the Directors of the Festival.
- recognize and agree that KFA and its representatives are in no way responsible for any action of applicant or their helpers or employees and KFA, its representatives, members, Kerr County and the City of Kerrville assume no liability for vendor merchandise or equipment that is damaged due to circumstances beyond their control.
- agree to indemnify and hold harmless KFA, its representatives and members, Kerr County and the City of Kerrville from any and all liability.
- agree to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, rules, and ordinances now in effect or that may hereafter be promulgated, including but not limited to laws and regulations outlawing discrimination based upon race, gender, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability and further recognize that KFA may enforce same by terminating your participation in Kerrville Festival of the Arts and any and all agreements between KFA and any offending participant.
- agree that in performing the activities included in this Agreement, each participant shall be an independent contractor and not an employee of KFA, Kerr County or the City of Kerrville or any department of the City of Kerrville.
- understand that the participant executing this application is agreeing that all of the activities to be performed shall be performed by the specified applicant, their business or associates, who are fully bound by the terms of this agreement, and by no other entity or person.
BY SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION TO PARTICIPATE I AFFIRM I HAVE READ AND I UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT ALL THE ABOVE PROVISIONS AND WILL ABIDE BY ALL THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE KERRVILLE FESTIVALOF THE ARTS.
We strongly suggest you make travel plans and reservations as early as possible. The town fills up and as the date gets closer it can be difficult to find lodging.
For campers and RVer’s, we recommend Kerrville-Schreiner Park. Formerly a state park, it is now City operated and has nice sites, even some cabins. There are a number of other RV Parks here including a KOA and Guadalupe River RV Resort.
For a list of places to stay use the Kerrville Convention and Visitors Bureau >>